Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Storytime Potentials: Toot & Puddle, Holly Hobbie

Toot & Puddle
Holly Hobbie
ISBN: 9780316167024
Read March 4, 2014

I pulled this one for my upcoming "travel" theme, but it doesn't quite fit the tone of the other two books that I'm using there, so I'm putting it aside to use for something else.  I'm moving it over to friendship, as I really like that topic, and there are so many good and different books that encompass the ideas of being a good friend.

I hadn't looked at this book in years, and I was happy to see that it was pretty simple and straightforward, without too much text.  It will work great for storytime, just not for what I originally hoped.

Toot and Puddle are best friends, but Toot wants to see the world - Puddle is a homebody.  Toot sends lovely postcards, and Puddle has a lovely year at home, and they come together at the end with lots to talk about.

I think I'm going to use this with The Story of Fish and Snail, and now I just need a third!

No comments:

Post a Comment