Monday, January 18, 2016

2015 Review Round-Up: Planes Fly! by George Ella Lyon & Mick Wiggins

Planes Fly! (Trucks Roll!)
George Ella Lyon, illustrated by Mick Wiggins
ISBN: 9781442450257
Rhyming cadence language and rich illustrations make this a storytime natural.
Read November 2015

I was so happy when I saw this picture book show up in our new piles of books!  It's by the author that did the also-excellent Trucks Roll! and I am super stoked to see this one.  Oddly enough, there are simply not that many good picture books about planes and flight.  Considering it's a yearly rite of passage for many kids going to see relatives, and considering that picture books are a perfect conduit for illustrating new concepts and introducing new activities to kids, I'm always staggered that I have so much trouble finding good airplane travel books.  This one has a few niggles; I don't love it quite as much as I do Trucks Roll!, but it's solid and catchy, and very much welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment