Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Tuesday Storytime: Kids and Pets

This past month has been crazy busy for me, so my compatriot has been doing all the storytimes for the past month, and has picked out some really fun and interesting themes and stories.

Max and Marla Are Having a Picnic
Alexandra Boiger
ISBN: 9780399175053
Max and Marla are off on their traditional spring picnic, but everything (with the best of intentions) goes horribly awry (Max is the person, by the way - it took me a few pages to decide for sure) and in a very Gift of the Magi sort of way, the love and care the friends have for each other repair the bad memories from the day, and create a new twist on tradition to end with reconnection and care.

My Best Friend is a Goldfish
Mark Lee, illustrated by Chris Jevons
ISBN: 9781512426014
A best friend breakup is never fun, but when a kid has pets, then he automatically has best friends, right? Friends who like ALL the same things, DO everything together, and PLAY in just the same way, right? Maybe not. And maybe after realizing the limits of his pets, our little boy realizes that actual friends have some of the same limitations.

This one got snagged by a patron before I could read it - A good problem to have! I'll add it in once I get a chance to preview it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment