Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Fairy Tale / Fantasy: Uprooted, Naomi Novik

Uprooted
Naomi Novik
ISBN: 9780804179034
Beautiful and haunting fantasy-reworking of Beauty and the Beast.

This is the best book I've read all year, and I have read some truly mindblowing, amazing, masterful works of art this year.  This is it.  This is everything I ever wanted in a story forever and ever.  This is what I want to write myself when I grow up.  Nothing against any of the other wonderful authors and artists I've seen so far, or will see later in the year, this is just the pinnacle right here.

I simply and truly have no words.  If you know that this is a Beauty and the Beast re-telling, that it's set in a fantasy kingdom with an encroaching malevolent Wood, and a politically-unstable dynasty, and an enmity with the neighboring human kingdom, you have everything you need to know to read it and be thrilled and swept away.

I can't wait to read it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment