Friday, December 16, 2016

Special Program Review: School Tour: Community Helpers

We had a school tour scheduled for this fall that asked at the last minute for a dedicated storytime with the theme of "Community Helpers" and I came up with a small program for them with some books we had on-hand.  This is my regular reminder to be grateful for a library system that keeps the branch locations well-stocked with new and updated children's nonfiction and picture books that can be used (by patrons or staff) on a moment's notice.

All of these were EXCELLENT books, and I was so proud of our library selectors that I could just swoop in and grab them immediately when they were needed.

Officer Buckle and Gloria
Peggy Rathmann
ISBN: 9780399226168

Show Me Community Helpers: My First Picture Encyclopedia
Clint Edwards
ISBN: 9781620659182

Helpers in My Community
Bobbie Kalman
ISBN: 9780778794882

Whose Hands Are These? A Community Helper Guessing Book
Miranda Paul, illustrated by Luciana Powell
ISBN: 9781467752145   



No comments:

Post a Comment