Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday Storytime: Owls

I like owls.  I also like that there are umpty-bajillion picture books about owls, which makes searching for new and interesting ones very easy.

Owls are also a bit "on trend" at the moment, as far as decorating goes.  Weird how that works.

Here's what we read today!

cock-a-doodle-hooooooo!
Mick Manning, illustrated by Brita Granstrom
ISBN: 9781561485680

A poor lost owl blunders into a hen-house, where the chickens try to recruit him to be their rooster, but he's woefully unsuited to chicken-like behaviors, especially crowing.  However, the hens re-prioritize when rats invade their hen-house, and owl behaviors come in handy.



Wow! Said the Owl
Tim Hopgood
ISBN: 9780374385187

This one is sweet and short (longer review in one of my Storytime Potentials posts) and was a perfect middle selection for my rowdy crowd today.



I'm Not Sleepy!
Jane Chapman
ISBN: 9781561487653

Again, longer review in my Storytime Potentials post, but this one was a good closer, with the focus on bedtime and winding down.  I had a few wiggleworms, and a couple of crying bouts (daylight savings time is rough on everyone) but we got through it pretty well.


Overall, pretty happy with how these flowed together.

Next week: hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment