Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Science Fiction: Ancillary Justice, Ann Leckie

Ancillary Justice
Ann Leckie
ISBN: 9780316246620
First of Imperial Radch series, followed by Ancillary Sword, and (TBA) Ancillary Mercy
Read January 31, 2015.

I just don't even know where to start.  I've been putting it off because I've wanted to get to the sequel before I wrote this, but that's not working out so well (my brain is weird and life has been busy).

It's amazing.  The concepts are fantastic, the writing is superb, and the characters, especially our lead, are just phenomenal.  Read it and be inspired.  I'll come back later with an actual spoilery review (I really can't see any other way to do it) and more gushing, but this is really all I've got right now.  It was just so very very good to read and it's even more fun thinking about it these past few weeks - parsing through all the implications and possibilities of that world.

No comments:

Post a Comment