Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Short Reviews: September 2013. Princess of Mars

Princess of Mars, Edgar Rice Burroughs, ISBN: 978-1598531657 (Library of America hc reprint) 
Re-read September 18, 2013

I love John Carter so much.  
Only noticed two typos in this edition, one instance of "I" leading off a sentence instead of "is," and one where "throat" was "thoat" (which second mistake I'm much more forgiving of in this particular story where "thoat" is a valid wordchoice of itself.


I only wish there were better hc options for the rest of the series.  I hate having mismatched sets, but this one was so pretty I couldn't pass it up, especially since it had a lovely Tarzan reprint as it's buddy.  I think I'll probably re-read that one this week.  I'm apparently on a Burroughs kick.   

No comments:

Post a Comment