Sunday, May 18, 2014

Introducing "Random Romance Reads" posts

I don't read romance novels.

Now, don't take that to mean that I never pick them up and read them - I do.  But some people pick up and read romance novels for their own sake, the way I read sci-fi and fantasy books.  I read them more for amusement, or because I feel like I need to keep my oar in for professional development (sounds very noble, but really it just means I can justify having some silly fluffy stuff as my homework instead of another boring journal).

I'm also trying to log everything that I read, just for the heck of it.

And that makes a conundrum.  I read these things for the laughs, and purposefully select the ones that I think I'll find amusing.  That makes it really mean-spirited to actually review them, because I'm not reading them like their intended audience.

So for these, I'm going to make a couple of comments, attempt to restrain any snark, and give a brief plot description.

I'm not going to be concerned about spoilers, so reader beware.




No comments:

Post a Comment