Thursday, September 4, 2014

Short Story: The Lightning Tree, Patrick Rothfuss

Rogues
GRR Martin & Gardner Dozois, editors
ISBN: 9780345537263
Short Story Collection, only read The Lightning Tree by Patrick Rothfuss
Read Sept 4, 2014.


Dear Mr. Rothfuss,

I only just now got around to reading your short story.  Please write about Bast and children and secrets and favors and lies and satyrs forever.  

Yours truly, 
Shisho.

PS - Oh this story was so damn amazing.  Your language makes me cry.  Your craft makes me green with envy.  Your storytelling makes me gape like a child.  Your understanding of humanity draws me in like a crackling bonfire on a dark cold night.  My face burns from sitting so close, but it's worth it to feel like I'm part of the fire, at least for as long as I can stand the pain.  

  
Never stop burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment