Monday, February 10, 2014

Storytime Potentials: Mama Played Baseball, David A. Adler

Mama Played Baseball
David A. Adler, illustrated by Chris O'Leary
ISBN: 0152021965
Read February 10, 2014

I just finished off a 'larger than life men' storytime, and I'm going to pair it with a 'larger than life women' installment as soon as February is done.  I considered this one for that purpose, but decided on Anthony Browne's My Mom instead.

Mama Played Baseball isn't a bad read, but it is a bit on the long side for my age group, and it also has more to do with wartime changes and family-members in the armed services than really celebrating the mother in the title.  I do like it, but I'm going to keep it in mind for when I focus on patriotism or service to one's country or wartime sacrifices/changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment