Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday Storytime: "Love My Library" Month, Week 4

Last week of our "Love My Library" promotion, and I feel like it's just flown by!

Saved the best (in my opinion) for last, of course.

The Library
Sarah Stewart, illustrated by David Small
ISBN: 0374343888
Read Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014

Words cannot express how much I LOVE this book.  When I read it the first time, it was like a religious experience for me - like this was the magical rhymed and illustrated re-telling of my life and pre-telling of my future.  It's just perfect.  Absolutely perfect.  Go read it.


 
Bats at the Library
Brian Lies
ISBN: 9780618999231
Read Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014

These bats do get around - they've been to the beach, the ballgame, and now they're at the library.  This is lovely, short, and sweet, with the kiddie bats being irrepressible, and the elder bats happily returning to old favorites.  Bats using the copy machine and projector are always good sidetracks.



Library Lion
Michelle Knudsen, illustrated by Kevin Hawkes
ISBN: 9780763622626
Read Tuesday, Feb 25, 2014

This book is so sweet and perfect.  Every library needs a tame lion.  The pictures are delightful and just smudgy and washed out enough to look fuzzy and velvety, and the expressions on people's faces and bodies are delightful from beginning to end.  Subtle sense of humor a definite plus.



And that's all she wrote for the Love My Library Storytimes - we'll be back with another batch (probably with many of these same delightful books) for National Library Card Sign Up Month in September, and then again next February.

Until then, next on the agenda is Mighty Ladies!  Larger-than-life women from legend, tall-tales, history, and maybe even your own household.

See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment